Arua Hill: FUFA Withdraws Licence, Erased On League Fixture

In a shocking but expected turn of events, the Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) has decided to withdraw the licence of Arua Hill due to their failure to comply with club licensing regulations.

As a result, The Kongolo has been removed from the Uganda Premier League fixture for the second round.

The-SportsNation has learned from a reliable source that Arua Hill is lacking in several mandatory requirements, leading to the decisive action taken by FUFA.

The main issue appears to be related to governance, particularly concerning the ownership of the club.

Last month, then Arua Hill owner Joel Aita addressed the ownership situation earlier on social media, stating that he had previously sold off the club. However, details about the new owner remain unclear at this point.

The timing couldn’t be worse for Arua Hill, as they were slated to kick off the second round at home against Vipers on February 7, 2024.

The Club was also slated to visit Nsambya in Uganda Cup round of 64 fixture on Thursday.

This development marks another low for the club, which already faced challenges in the first round, including fielding only eight players in a match against Kitara.

The financial struggles of Arua Hill have been further compounded by key player departures during the January transfer window.

Head coach Livingstone Mbabazi was unveiled by Vipers before the end of the first round, while captain Gaddafi Wahab joined NEC FC.

Additionally, Mansoor Safi and Musa Ssali are in training with Express ahead of anticipated switches, leaving Arua Hill facing an uncertain and challenging future in Ugandan football.

The club, now at a crossroads, may choose to appeal the decision and seek a resolution to the licensing issues that have cast a shadow over its footballing journey.

Arua Hill working against time to return on League fixture:

Arua Hill is racing against time to meet Club Licensing requirements after facing setbacks in the club licensing process.

Recently appointed CEO Brendah Nyamwiza revealed the challenges, emphasizing the need to start afresh and submit comprehensive documents by the set January 29 deadline.

Despite hurdles, Nyamwiza said that they’ve achieved 80% completion and await the crucial letter from URSB for full ownership transfer.

“FUFA sent us some requirements they wanted and those requirements were specifically in four areas; Administration, Finance, Pitch and Ownership and those are the things we submitted first.

“I must admit that some of the things were not satisfactory because of the URSB delay of transfer of ownership meaning most of the things were not signed and valid.

“But after putting them together, deadline was last week on Wednesday, so when we submitted those, the committee sat again on Friday and rejected most of them and said that unless we appeal we will be thrown out.

“But we really knew we had not gotten the letter of full transfer of ownership from Doctor Joel Aite who sold the club, we knew they would reject everything we had submitted.

“On Saturday we received the letter giving us details of full requirements of club licensing, they told us that according to what Arua Hill is going through, we had to start afresh, and had to submit everything until the deadline of Monday, January 29.

“Right from registration, players contracts, audited accounts everything. So that’s what we are trying to put together at least by Friday.

“Most of the things are doable, I can confirm we have about 80%, we just hope the letter from URSB can come. Because I have the other things including contracts of players and technical staff, declaration, youth team affiliate etc.”



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *